1 lb of either ground or cut into small cubes beef or lamb
1 diced onion
8-10 small-medium peppers
1 and ¼ cups of rice \n\nblack pepper
fresh purple basil (recommended) or regular basil
1. Brown the meat and onions in a frying pan until the meat is fully cooked and the onions are fully caramelized. Season it with salt and black pepper.
2. In another pan pour the water over the rice. Add salt. The water should be above the rice for about 1 or 1.5 cm. Bring the water and rice to boil until the rice has absorbed the water. Then turn the heat to low and cover the lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix the meat and rice and add purple or regular basil and parsley. This is the filling for the peppers.
4. Clean the peppers by removing the top, seeds, and ribs. In a large pan boil the water and throw in the peppers. Boil them for 5 minutes and then take them out of the pan and place them in a baking dish, with the top of the peppers facing up.
5. Using a spoon gently fill the peppers with filling.
6. Pour some beef broth in the dish.
7. Heat the oven at 375 F and bake the stuffed peppers for 15-20 minutes.