Below is a picture of some tasty chicken kebabs that we made!
1 and 1/2 pounds of chicken breast meat cut into medium cubes
2 cups of rice
3 cups of water
1. Place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl pour some olive oil or canola oil.
3. Make a marinade. Add thyme, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, salt, onion powder, cumin, and lemon juice and mix well; until the spices are all blended with the oil.
4. Pour the marinade on the chicken. Rub it onto chicken.
5. Close the lid of a mixing bowl and put it away in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
6. Grease the pan and on a medium heat caramelize the onions.
7. Turn up the heat and add the rice.
8. Fry the rice with onions for 2-3 minutes and add the water.
9. Bring the water to boil.
10. Turn the heat to low as soon as the bubbles on the rice start appearing.
11. Close the lid and turn the heat to low.
12. Cook the rice for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
13. After marinating the chicken in the refrigerator, thread the chicken onto metal or bamboo skewers. Note, the bamboo skewers should be soaked beforehand.
14. Turn the gas burner grill on. Preheat it. Grill the chicken for 15-20 minutes on 300-350 F. If you wish to cook it in the oven, preheat the oven to 375 F and bake the chicken for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.